top of page

A complaint is an allegation "involving substantive academic judgments in matters of workload, reappointment, promotion, tenure, and post-tenure review" (CBA 27.2.2).

A grievance is an allegation of "a violation of a specific section of [the Collective Bargaining] Agreement" (CBA 27.2.1).

Filing a formal complaint or grievance with UFC is the proper way to challenge an academic judgment or a violation of the CBA. Only UFC can file a formal complaint or grievance. Individual faculty members may not do so.

How to request a complaint or grievance:

Reach out to the current UFC President at Provide your name and contact information, and a brief description of your issue.

Please be as specific as possible about your allegation. In particular, for a grievance, please identify which article and section of the CBA that you believe has been violated.

bottom of page